$50 to $300
The purpose of this scholarship program is to provide small grants to Guild members in good standing for specific training or work/study on fiber related subjects. Goals include:
- Furthering the enrichment of the OWG members and the community in weaving and other fiber-related fields.
- Encouraging members to undertake new, in-depth, short-term learning.
- Encouraging members to organize and share their new knowledge.
How does it work?
- An individual or small group may submit an application to the Guild’s Board members. A decision will be made and announced within 30 days.
- Proposals will be kept confidential (known to Board members only).
- Proposals may include, but are not limited to workshops such as Convergence, Coupeville, regional conferences or other textile-focused educational opportunities.
- Guild sponsored workshops can be considered.
- Dates of submittal are flexible.
- The applicant’s financial needs are not a consideration.
- Group studies will be encouraged. Grants will allow the group to use money for materials, books, travel, etc.
- The grants will range from $50-$300. Amounts will vary with the project and will in part be determined by the amount available in the Grant Fund. Not more than $600 will be granted in one fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
- A proposal to include a mentor for an individual study or beginning weaver is acceptable.
- Any member in good standing may submit a proposal.
- The recipient(s) will prepare a report, a mini-program or other presentation reflecting the substance of their study for the membership within a year of receiving the grant. The type of presentation to be determined in consultation with the recipient(s) and the board.
The application form may be downloaded here: