Whatcom Weavers Guild – 2016 Fibers and Beyond Conference and Sale
Whatcom Weavers Guild is pleased to announce the return of Fibers and Beyond, as a brand new and exciting event.
Fibers and Beyond will bring back the Guild annual sale and also feature a keynote address and workshops. All events will be at the Jansen Art Center, 321 Front St., Lynden, a lovely and inviting venue for the arts. The dates are Wednesday October 12 to Saturday October 15th.
Accomplished felter, Flora Carlile Kovacs, will be presenting the keynote address on October 12 at 7 pm. She will be speaking on Felt: The Most Ancient Textile Technique and its Revival, and a Photo Report on the First Hungarian Felt Tour. Go to her wonderful website at http://www.floranemez.eu/. This will be a ticketed event. The tickets are $11.50 (USD) and tickets will be available through the
Jansen’s website, at the Jansen gift shop, at the Wool Show, at Guild meetings, and at the door.
We have a wonderful array of workshops as part of this year’s Fibers and Beyond:
· Deflected Doubleweave, with Liz Moncrief, Wednesday, October 12
· Band Weaving & Back Strap, with Joanne Hall, Thursday and Friday, October 13 & 14
· 3-D Design and Surface Manipulation on Felt, with Flora Carlile Kovacs, Thursday and Friday,
October 13 & 14
· Lotions and Potions, with Liz Moncrief, Thursday, October13
· Rigid Heddle Weaving, with Joanne Hall, Saturday, October15
· Nuno Felted Scarf, with Flora Carlile Kovacs, Saturday, October 15
Registrations for the workshops will open on June 15. All registration will be through the Jansen Art Center. To access the registration, go to www.jansenartcenter.org/fibersandbeyond/.
The Fibers and Beyond Sale will open at 4pm on Friday October 14, to 8pm and run through Saturday October 15, from 10am to 5pm. Various weaving and weaving-related demonstrations will be offered during the Sale.
We invite all weaving Guilds and weaving lovers to join us for all or part of our 2016 Fibers and Beyond Conference and Sale.
(forwarded by our ANWG Rep, Tamie)